Thursday 17 November 2011

Styling and shoot ideas


Today I did some clothing and styling scouting in the Birmingham Bullring shopping centre, trying to get a feel for what was available for me to work with for the fashion shoots. The Bullring is massive containing many retail outlets so in turn the choice is also huge!




I stuck to looking at high street retailers like Topshop, River Island, Newlook and H&M.
For the first shoot, I wanted to link it to a current fashion trend so I decided upon the theme of electric blue and blue toned party wear as seen on the catwalk.


I found some statement clothing which would tie into this trend in a studio based location for a crisp fashion shoot.

Jumpsuits in bright, royal blue and emerald would provide a dramatic look for a high impact image.
The jumpsuit from Newlook was similar to this one:



Emerald green was also seen as a feature colour on the catwalk as well as on the red carpet,


I found an emerald green jumpsuit from H&M similar to this Cavalli one which would look fantastic next to the blue version.




I also chose a turquoise outfit from River Island to give the shoot an androgynous edge also tying in with current trends on 'mannish' tailoring and structured lines. Below is the tuxedo and shorts found which could be teamed with a plain white t-shirt, black brogues and white ankle socks.












I wanted to create a simple but powerful image with the two jumpsuits in the studio environment, like these ones: 





The tuxedo blazer, shorts and brogues with the girly ankle socks combination would create a different look and a different image similar to these girls styles: 
and this fashion shoot:

It would have the same strong, fashion image look but with different styling and a different representation of a trend. 

I particularly like the androgynous look of the loose fitting blazer, this aspect of the trends at the moment really appeals to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment