The first weekend I arrived in Birmingham, I visited Birmingham's 'Style Live Week.' There were catwalk shows set up in the Bullring, Pavilion shopping centre and he town hall. I got to see the show in the Bullring twice as it was free to attend. The music was fantastic, really powerful and created a dramatic, theatrical atmosphere for the event. The styling was interesting and showcased the a/w11 trends in the clothing available in the high street stores in the shopping centres around Birmingham.
The music supported each theme as did the choreography on the catwalk. The link below shows some of the highlights of the catwalk and the styling utilised.
http://www.stylebirmingham.com/style-birmingham-live-home/
The last day of the event, I watched Caryn Franklin's fashion show in which she styled women from different age categories ranging from the twenties-sixties, which was really interesting and appealing to all ages.
The show incorporated make-up and hair tutorials from leading hair stylised who have worked on London Fashion Week as well as Hollywood stars.
I got the opportunity to speak with Caryn afterwards, asking her questions about styling for TV. She gave me some useful tips about contact making and networking as well as how to get noticed in the competitive industry.
I also obtained a contact for a Birmingham based PR, events and media company which may be of some use in the future! All in all, the event was very enjoyable and a useful experience for me too!
http://www.howtolookgood.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment