Hi all! It's been a while since I last did a post! I shall update you on what I have been upto over the last couple of years!
I spent the majority of Summer 2012 working on my final MA projects. I worked on personal styling, working as a stylist, make- up artist, photographer and retouched (phew!) for 3 lookbook projects which included: Personal Styling- make-overs for my peers of different nationalities, ethnicities, heights, body sizes and age-ranges. I then put together a lookbook to show the before and after shots.
The other two look books were based on vintage styling and colourblock styling. For these, professional photographers and make-up artists were used, myself and a co-stylist collaborated on the garment research, sourcing, selection and putting together of outfits. These were both retouched by myself and showcased in a lookbook.
The final major portfolio project stage involved a lot of research and collaborators with different photographers, make-up artists, models, fashion designers, set designers, costume designers and locations. The theme was ' A British themed Alice in Wonderland' with a subset of the aquatic theme of the walrus also in the story. These photoshoots also pulled in topical fashion themes of sports luxe and the Olympics.
During the second half of the MA, I did a placement at the Birmingham Mail. There, I got to write several articles including a fashion feature write up. One of the articles went to print! I also got to experience other aspects of journalism such as news and court reportage which was very exciting and valuable!
After I finished my final project, I set up an exhibition and installation at Birmingham City University of my work.
Once back home in Lincolnshire, I took up some work experience in the a Visual Merchandising department of Oldrids and Downtown; a county wide group of department stores. It was a very interesting experience and a chance to get some 'hands on' work and to build up a visual portfolio whilst I was there.
I then moved upstairs to do work experience in the Buying a Office, assisting the Beauty Buyer. I thoroughly enjoyed this and not long after, a job became available as Assistant Fashion and Accessories Buyer. I was lucky enough to get the job and worked assisting the Head Buyer and Accessories Buyer as well as buying for my own Fashion Lover section.
I did this for 18 months, attending London Fashion Week, Vodafone Fashion Weekend, Birmingham Style Weekend, Pure, Moda and AIS.
I also got to travel- for pleasure!- to Berlin, Barcelona, Prague and Lisbon; all beautiful, vibrant cities!
My boyfriend is an actor who has just finished a 6month tour with Northern Broadsides, touring all over the country after opening up the new theatre Cast in Doncaster last year with sell out play 'The Glee Club.'
We are now relocating to Manchester or London and I am adding to my fashion toolkit by honing skills in marketing and PR as well as keeping the styling and buying work going!
Will keep you posted!
In the meantime, take a look at my Instagram, Tumblr, Flickr, Pinterest, Twitter, Behance and Ideas Tap to view my styling portfolios, my final major project as well as updates of my personal style. These are updated regularly so do keep popping back!
http://www.pinterest.com/hannahruthwatte/
http://hannahruthwatte.tumblr.com
http://instagram.com/hannahruthwatte
Http://hrwatte.ideastap.com
https://www.behance.net/Hannahruthwatte
No comments:
Post a Comment