Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Films 2012

I absolutely love going to the cinema, the whole experience of getting lost in a totally different world is something I really enjoy! I recently watched the second Sherlock Holmes film and it has quickly become one of my favourites! The storyline was fantastic, the acting brilliant and the costumes were bang on the era! I have a real guilty pleasure for costume drama type films, TV shows and plays- I cannot get enough of traditional costume!
Here are some my favourite costumes from the film:


The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was easily one of my favourite films from the beginning of this year. The storyline was completely gripping, but it was the styling of Rooney Mara and the way the designers completely changed her image that I loved the most. She really suits the moody, androgynous, gothic look and I love the details of her outfits and hair-styling.

The most recent film that I've seen is The Artist. It was so refreshing to watch as it was without any dialogue which took me quite by surprise at first! The costumes and the styling for that film, based on the twenties and early thirties were simply beautiful. The dresses were delicate and glamorous, with the hair cropped into an androgynous bob.






No comments:

Post a Comment