For Tahmina, the first female model, I layered a borrowed
blue floral print dress with white socks rolled down over her boots with her
blue winter coat, doubling up two blue woollen scarves to create a blue toned
winter look, with soft layering and clashing of textures.
For her male partner in the shoot, Raashid, I
dressed him in burnt red casual chinos, a relaxed topman t-shirt and smart
shoes as that was a big part of his own personal style which I think is
important to note when styling a model- they’re own personalities shine through
the clothing.
We tried styling him in different smart jumpers over the
t-shirt and smart black and grey blazer jackets. I experimented with having the
buttons done up and undone to create a smarter and a more relaxed image.
We shot this
couple in patches of trees in which the sunlight caught the leaves reflecting a
golden tint on their faces which was the sort of thing I wanted to create. We
shot them in naturalistic poses holding hands and acting like a couple in
different parts of the park space. The photographer particularly liked shooting
the models under a canopy of a tree as it created quite an interesting effect
surrounding the models in autumn leaves.
There wasn’t
enough time to shoot both at the park and on the building site, so I changed
Tahmina into a different outfit, so she could be photographed with a different
style. I put on her a mid-length faun coloured skirt teamed with a rusty orange
coloured top, tweed heritage style coat and a bright red woollen scarf. For
this shoot, I didn’t want clashing colours, I wanted them to tone in nicely
together along the same or similar colour palette for a gentle look.
We then shot
Tahmina alone in different areas and then Raashid wearing his winter coat to
get more of a feel and an idea for the styling for this shoot.
The other female model, Shannon, had a different look, hers
was more edgy and androgynous and therefore suited a different style. I dressed
her in a beige military style trench coat with black patterned tights, gold
vintage brogues and a leopard print hat and scarf. Glasses and sunglasses were
added for a touch of the winter ‘cool’ factor! Her shoot, although filmed in
the same location, was a different style of shoot, portraying more of a ‘street
style’ look and a different mood. The beige colour palette for her first outfit
went really well with the same coloured reeds behind her, it was an interesting
accidental affect which occurred!
I then changed her styling to a red trench coat and black
mary-jane shoes for more of a Parisian, retro-cool feel, contrasting the colour
of her outfit with that of the autumn trees and berries.
Her shoot was a
bit different from the ‘winter couple’ shoot I originally set out to create,
hers ended up being a shoot by herself, creating a ‘winter cool’ set of images
juxtaposing the original idea, but still a positive discovery!
No comments:
Post a Comment