Friday, 28 October 2011

Work experience for Verdant Visions Production company...

I contacted the company and got the opportunity to work on a pitch for a comedy programme for Channel 4. I worked as the production assistant in the art department with the art director who was in charge of the set and costume design.

I got the opportunity to assist with the dressing of the actors as well as adding the finishing touches to the costumes.

I got to watch the filming, adjusting costume, set and props during the different takes and at different locations as well as assisting with making props.

Setting up the scenes at the different locations was a very interesting experience as I got to help visualise the overall look of the scene as well as concentrating on making sure the details of the set were correct and contributed to the overall aesthetic of the scene. This had to be in keeping with the style of the rest of the shoot.

Working on a film shoot is in some respects very similar to working on a fashion shoot as neither are nowhere near as glamorous as people believe! A lot of it is about getting your hands dirty and working hard and long hours!

It is always interesting to work with new people as well as those you might not normally work with. The experience was an extremely valuable one, which could be beneficial for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment